Plant Starter (Previously X10 Boost)
- Helps to provide essential nutrition to young plants
- Formerly known as X10 Boost
- Searches large soil volume to increase root mass and nutrient uptake and availability to provide essential nutrition to young or flowering plants
- Increased uptake of immobile elements ensuring a decrease in element deficiencies to maximise yield and growth
- Quick root growth for transplants ensuring increases in plant nutrition and shorter cyle time with high yield potential
- Mechanically aggregates media to improve aeration for root health and rapid nutrient uptake
- Promotes increase in fine root filaments to explore a larger volume of soil and allow many more nutrient uptake possibilities for optimum yield
Plant Starter improves yields, nutrient accumulation and your plant’s reproductive success by extending the surface area of your plant’s root system. The naturally occurring fungi form symbiotic associations with many plant species, therefore increasing the ability of roots to explore a soil volume for immobile nutrients such as phosphorus. Due to the immobility of such elements, depletion zones occur in and around root zones where all the available nutrient has already been quickly utilised.
Therefore, for a plant to find it possible to obtain more phosphorus, the plant’s root zone must bypass these depletion zones by further root activity elsewhere in the medium. The outcome of this quest for phosphorus (and other relatively immobile medium resources, such as copper, zinc and iron) is determined by the surface area of a plant’s root system. Plant Starter is primarily responsible for forming an extension of the surface area of your root by binding to your root filaments and extending outwards.
This effectively causes a metabolic response from your plant’s root zone and rapidly promotes the production of fine root filaments while increasing the surface area of your plant’s rhizosphere.
A by-product of this reaction is caused by the secretions of the fungi which help to contribute to improved soil structure by way of mechanical aggregation. This results in a loosely bound crumb-like soil structure optimising the growth of your plants.
Size: 30g, 90g